Montréal Gateway Terminals Partnership (MGT) recognizes the importance of providing a healthy and safe work environment for everyone in its facilities and participating in its activities, whether for its employees, service providers, clients or visitors. MGT aims to prevent accidents, injuries and occupational diseases.
The purpose of this policy is to guide MGT’s efforts in the implementation of programs and directives aimed at occupational health and safety. The objective is to establish and maintain a lasting culture of occupational health and safety prevention by relying on the collaboration of all. This collaboration must be present at all levels of the organization as well as with its partners.
To achieve this goal, our organization is committed to:
- Take all reasonable measures to protect the health and safety of workers, clients and suppliers;
- Comply with laws, regulations and other requirements applicable to occupational health and safety;
- Provide the necessary resources and qualified personnel for the implementation of programs and activities related to occupational health and safety;
- Promote the involvement of workers in the implementation of measures aimed at preventing accidents and occupational diseases;
- Maintain effective communication with its partners in order to obtain their cooperation and participation in its work on occupational health and safety;
- Implement activities to identify, assess and control risks as well as inform all workers about safe work procedures;
- Establish a health and safety management system by establishing objectives aimed at reducing the occurrence and severity of work accidents and occupational diseases.