Montréal Gateway Terminals Partnership (MGTP) is committed to proactively controlling the environmental aspects related to maritime container handling activities on its territory. To achieve this, MGTP applies diligent, responsible and effective environmental management.
This policy guides MGTP’s efforts in implementing environmental targets and actions. The objective is to establish and maintain a sustainable culture of environmental management by focusing on the collaboration of employees, customers and contractors.
The three guiding principles for environmental management:
- Establish environmental objectives aimed at continuous improvement.
- Measure our performance in order to guide environmental actions.
- Adopt a proactive approach to go beyond the legal obligations.
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations and other environmental requirements.
- Maintain an efficient environmental management system that complies with the ISO 14001 standard.
Protection of the Environment
- Monitor and assess activities that may have a significant impact on the environment.
- Take all reasonable measures to protect the environment and prevent pollution by allocating the necessary human and financial resources.