Section 77: Dependability & Performance
Section 77 facility is the other established anchor terminal of Montreal Gateway Terminals Partnership. Seventy-four acres in size and equipped with four high-speed ship-to-shore gantry cranes, the terminal provides 24-hour nonstop operation offering the dependability of rapid turnaround of vessels.
The efficient fleet combination of yard gantry cranes and front-end loaders provide the efficient performance expected of a first rate marine container terminal. Furthermore, the eight on-site rail tracks can accommodate 130 container cars in either single or double stack profiles.
Equipment & Services
- Four high-speed ship-to-shore gantry cranes with a capacity of 40 to 60 metric tons.
- Ten diesel-electric-powered rubber-tyred yard gantry cranes with a capacity of 40 metric tons.
- Thirteen diesel-powered front-end loaders, with a capacity of 40 tons and able to stack 20 to 48 foot containers, five-high.
- Forty-two yard tractors and container chassis.
- Complete reefer facilities for up to 420 containers.
- Fully equipped maintenance facility for terminal equipment including welding, electronics and hydraulics.
- Experienced, reliable labor force for round the clock operation. Backup service crews to ensure constant, trouble-free operation.